Vegetable Sandwich (Mumbai Roadside Recipes) by Tarla Dalal
Vegetable Sandwich, a wholesome meal that you can feast on however short of time you are!
Recipe Link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Vegetable-Sandwich-(-Mumbai-Roadside-Recipes-)-33416r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Vegetable sandwich, common fare on the Mumbai streets, this is a wholesome meal that you can feast on however short of time you are! Each sandwich is neatly cut into six equal pieces and served with tomato ketchup and chutney. And not to worry if you like it piping hot… bhaiyya will be very happy to toast them for you.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes.
Cooking Time: 3 minutes.
Makes 4 sandwiches.
To be blended into a smooth green chutney (Makes ½ cup)
1 cup roughly chopped coriander (dhania)
¼ cup shredded spinach (palak)
1½ tbsp roughly chopped green chillies
1½ bread slices, torn into pieces
½ tsp lemon juice
Salt to taste
2 tbsp water
For the sandwich masala (Makes ½ cup)
2 tbsp cumin seeds (jeera)
2 tsp cloves (laung / lavang)
2 tsp cinnamon (dalchini)
1 tbsp black peppercorns (kalimirch)
4 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
1 star anise (chakri phul)
4 tsp black salt (sanchal)
2 tsp rock salt (sendha namak)
4 tsp dried mango powder (amchur)
8 bread slices
Butter for brushing
4 tsp green chutney
20 cucumber slices
16 boiled potato slices
Sandwich masala for sprinkling, recipe above
16 tomato slices
12 boiled beetroot slices
8 sliced onions
For the sandwich masala
1. Heat a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon, black peppercorns, fennel seeds and star anise and dry roast on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Keep aside to cool.
2. Once cooled, blend in a mixer to a fine powder.
3. Transfer the powder into a bowl, add the black salt, rock salt and dried mango powder and blend in a mixer till smooth.
Use as required.
How to proceed
1. Trim off the edges of each bread slice and apply some butter and ½ tsp of chutney on it and keep aside.
2. Place a slice of bread, with the buttered-chutney side facing upwards, on a clean and dry surface.
3. Arrange 5 cucumber slices, 4 potato slices and sprinkle some sandwich masala evenly over it.
4. Arrange 4 tomato slices, 3 beetroot slices, 2 onion slices and again sprinkle some sandwich masala evenly over it.
5. Cover it with another slice of bread, with the buttered-chutney side facing downwards and press it lightly.
6. Cut into 6 equal pieces, place it on a plate and apply some butter evenly over it.
7. Repeat steps 2 to 6 to make 3 more sandwiches.
Serve immediately with tomato ketchup and green chutney.
1. Brown bread vegetable sandwich: replace white bread with brown bread for a healthier version of this delicacy.
2. Cheese vegetable sandwich: simply put a generous amount of grated cheese over the tomatoes (after step 4 in the above recipe), top with another slice of bread and some more grated cheese over it. Cut into 6 equal pieces and serve immediately.
3. Veg toast sandwich: place the sandwich in an electric toaster or a hand toaster and cook using butter till it turns brown and crisp on both sides. Remove and cut into 6 equal pieces and serve hot topped with butter and nylon sev.
4. Jain vegetable sandwich: to make a jain version, use generous amounts of cucumber and tomatoes in the above recipe. Do not add onions, potatoes and beetroot. You can have this sandwich as it is or toasted.
- Bread Pakoda (Mumbai Roadside Snacks) by Tarla Dalal
- Potato Sandwich Recipe, Aloo Sandwich on a Tava, Indian Snack by Tarla Dalal
- Cheesy Maggi Bread Rolls/ Simple Snack/ Easy To Make Party Starter Recipe by Tarla Dalal
- झटपट रबड़ी (Quick Rabri / Rabdi Recipe) by Tarla Dalal
- Bread Upma/ Recipe Using Leftover Bread/ Quick and Easy Breakfast or Snack recipe by Tarla Dalal
- Vegetable Sandwich Recipe in Tamil | Veg Sandwich Indian style | How to make Vegetable Sandwich
- Veg Mayo Sandwich | vegetable sandwich | Lunch Box Recipe
- Bread Loaf, Basic Eggless White Bread Loaf by Tarla Dalal
- Paneer Sandwich | sandwich recipe
- Street Style Veg Cheese Sandwich | व्हेज चीज़ सैंडविच | Sandwich recipe | Kabitaskitchen
- Crostini | Toasted Bread With Vegetable And Cheese Topping | Italian Recipe By Ruchi Bharani
- Right Way to Activate the Dry Yeast by Tarla Dalal
- Bread Omelette Recipe | Indian Street Food | Bread Sandwich
- aloo sandwich recipe | आलू सैंडविच रेसिपी | potato sandwich | aloo masala sandwich
- Vegetable Cutlet – Crispy Street Style Evening Snack Recipe – CookingShooking
Last update 2021-01-15. Price and product availability may change.