Potato Sandwich Recipe, Aloo Sandwich on a Tava, Indian Snack by Tarla Dalal
Recipe Link : https://www.tarladalal.com/Potato-Sandwich-Aloo-Sandwich-On-A-Tava-Indian-Snack-41930r
Tarla Dalal’s Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website | https://www.tarladalal.com
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal’s YouTube Channel | https://goo.gl/h7JMA1
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/tarladalal/
Like Facebook | https://goo.gl/mdcqLb
Get fab food images on Pinterest | http://www.pinterest.com/tarladalal/
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App | https://goo.gl/8jwErB
Get Tarla Dalal Android App | https://goo.gl/zxr56A
Join Tarla Dalal’s Google Plus | https://goo.gl/VbtwXZ
Twitter | https://twitter.com/Tarla_Dalal
Potato Sandwich, Aloo Sandwich on a Tava, Indian Snack
Scrumptious and satiating, the Potato Sandwich is the ideal snack to appease your hunger! Buttery, chutney-lined bread is sandwiched with a tasty potato mixture and toasted on a tava till it is appetizingly crisp and golden. The potato filling is very tasty, as it is boosted with flavourful ingredients like onion, coriander, chaat masala and lemon juice. Although it is a common snack that is enjoyed by everybody, this is nothing short of a work of art because it so masterfully combines taste and functionality. The next time you feel hungry, think no further – just go for a Potato Sandwich.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes.
Makes 4 sandwiches.
To be mixed into a stuffing
2 cups boiled and mashed potatoes
½ cup finely chopped onions
¼ cup finely chopped coriander (dhania)
2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp chaat masala
2 tsp lemon juice
Salt to taste
8 bread slices
8 tsp green chutney
6 tsp butter for spreading and brushing
4 tsp butter for cooking
1. Divide the stuffing into 4 eqaul portions. Keep aside.
2. Place 2 bread slices on a clean, dry surface, apply ½ tsp of butter on both the bread slices and spread it evenly.
3. Put 1 tsp of green chutney on both the buttered bread slices and spread it evenly.
4. Put a portion of the stuffing on one buttered- chutney slice and sandwich it with another buttered-chutney slice facing downwards and press it lightly.
5. Apply ½ tsp of butter on it and spread it evenly.
6. Heat 1 tsp of butter on a non-stick tava (griddle), place the prepared sandwich on it with the buttered side facing upwards and cook on a medium flame till both sides turn crispy and golden brown in colour.
7. Repeat steps 2 to 6 to make 3 more sandwiches.
Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
- Vegetable Sandwich (Mumbai Roadside Recipes) by Tarla Dalal
- Bread Upma/ Recipe Using Leftover Bread/ Quick and Easy Breakfast or Snack recipe by Tarla Dalal
- Cheesy Maggi Bread Rolls/ Simple Snack/ Easy To Make Party Starter Recipe by Tarla Dalal
- aloo sandwich recipe | आलू सैंडविच रेसिपी | potato sandwich | aloo masala sandwich
- झटपट रबड़ी (Quick Rabri / Rabdi Recipe) by Tarla Dalal
- Bread Pakoda (Mumbai Roadside Snacks) by Tarla Dalal
- Bread Omelette Recipe | Indian Street Food | Bread Sandwich
- Bread Loaf, Basic Eggless White Bread Loaf by Tarla Dalal
- Quick & Easy Sandwich Recipe – Mayonnaise Cold Sandwich Recipe – Veg Mayo Sandwich – Bhumika
- Vegetable Sandwich Recipe in Tamil | Veg Sandwich Indian style | How to make Vegetable Sandwich
- Paneer Sandwich | sandwich recipe
- Veg Mayo Sandwich | vegetable sandwich | Lunch Box Recipe
- Right Way to Activate the Dry Yeast by Tarla Dalal
- Street Style Veg Cheese Sandwich | व्हेज चीज़ सैंडविच | Sandwich recipe | Kabitaskitchen
- ब्रेड पकौड़ा – Bread Pakora Recipe In Hindi – Aloo Bread Pakoda – Quick & Easy Snack Recipe – Seema
Last update 2021-09-24. Price and product availability may change.