How to Make Easy Homemade Rye Bread
Delicious Homemade Rye Bread doesn’t get much simpler than this bakery style artisan bread. Caraway and rye flour gives the bread its distinct flavor. And guess what? No machines required!
________________________________________↓↓↓↓↓↓ CLICK FOR RECIPE ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ _______________________________________
How to Make Homemade Rye Bread
1 1/2 tablespoons yeast
2 cups warm water
1 1/2 tablespoons salt
1 1/2 tablespoons caraway seeds
1 1/2 cup rye flour
3+ cups all-purpose flour
cornmeal for dusting
1/4 tsp cornstarch + 1/4 cup water
In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the yeast, water, salt, caraway, and rye flour. Add in all-purpose flour 1 cup at a time, adding more if necessary to form a dough ball that doesn’t stick to the sides of the bowl. Dough should be soft, not stiff, but should hold together on its own without being overly sticky.
Transfer to a lightly greased large bowl. Cover with a dish towel and let rise until double, about 1 hour.
Shape it into a loaf by stretching the dough from the top center of the dough ball over the edges, and then underneath. It should look and feel like you are holding the loaf with two hands and are pulling the dough inside out with your thumbs. Give several of those pulls with your thumbs until you have a nice looking little loaf.
Dust a pizza peel or wooden cutting board with cornmeal. Put the loaf on the prepared board and let it rise for another 40 minutes.
Preheat a pizza/baking stone in the oven to 450 degrees. Place a shallow pan on the rack below the baking stone.
Dissolve the cornstarch in the 1/4 cup water. Microwave for 45 seconds. Brush the cornstarch liquid on top of the loaf and cut several parallel lines on the top.
Bake the loaf directly on the stone. When you put the loaf in, pour a tall glass of water into the shallow pan below. It’ll pop and sizzle and steam, so watch your hands. Close the oven door and bake for 30 minutes.
Thanks for watching! Don’t forget to push “LIKE,” leave a COMMENT below, and SUBSCRIBE! Feel free to SHARE this video too.
PRINTABLE RECIPE: http://thestayathomechef.com/rye-bread
SUBSCRIBE to my channel: http://youtube.com/thestayhomechef
CONTACT ME: [email protected]
Carefree by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/…)
- How to Make Perfect Homemade French Bread
- How To Make Perfect Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Every Time | Delish Insanely Easy
- How to Make Homemade Flour Tortillas | Tortilla Recipe | Allrecipes.com
- How to Make Homemade White Bread | Bread Recipe | Allrecipes.com
- How to Make Challah | Bread Recipes | Allrecipes.com
- bread samosa recipe | how to make bread samosa | easy samosa recipe
- How to make… Irish Soda Bread feat. Gennaro Contaldo
- misal pav recipe | how to make maharashtrian misal pav | मिसल पाव रेसिपी
- Hamburger Buns – How to Make Homemade Burger Buns
- How To Make Bread | Jamie Oliver – AD
- Cheesy Maggi Bread Rolls/ Simple Snack/ Easy To Make Party Starter Recipe by Tarla Dalal
- How to Make Sandwich Rolls – Easy French Rolls Recipe
- How to Make Sourdough Starter | Bread Recipe | Allrecipes.com
- How to Make English Muffins | Bread Recipes | Allrecipes.com
- How to Make Naan Bread – 3 Ways | Food With Chetna
Last update 2021-05-08. Price and product availability may change.