Bread Upma/ Recipe Using Leftover Bread/ Quick and Easy Breakfast or Snack recipe by Tarla Dalal
Bread Upma, is a great way to use up leftover bread, many people like it so much that they would go and buy a fresh pack of bread just to make this upma.
Recipe Link: http://www.tarladalal.com/Bread-Upma-(-Breakfast-Or-Snack-Recipe)-40530r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Bread Upma is one of the peppiest ways to have bread! Although it is a great way to use up leftover bread, many people like it so much that they would go and buy a fresh pack of bread just to make this upma. Indeed, with desi shades of chillies, onions, tomatoes and spice powders, tempered traditionally, and perked up with tomato ketchup and lemon juice, this snack is replete with varied flavours that are sure to delight your palate. You will also thoroughly enjoy the unique texture of this upma, which can be had as a breakfast or evening snack.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes.
Cooking Time: 8 minutes.
3 cups roughly torn bread pieces
2 tbsp oil
2 tsp mustard seeds (rai/ sarson)
6 to 7 curry leaves (kadi patta)
1 tsp finely chopped ginger (adrak)
1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
½ cup finely chopped onions
1 cup finely chopped tomatoes
½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tsp chilli powder
1½ tbsp tomato ketchup
2 tsp lemon juice
Salt to taste
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
1. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
2. When the seeds crackle add the curry leaves, ginger, garlic, green chilies and onion and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder, 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while mashing lightly with the help of a ladle.
4. Add the tomato ketchup, lemon juice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
5. Add the bread, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
6. Switch off the flame, add the coriander and mix well.
Other videos from the same youtuber (follow him if you like it):
- Cheesy Maggi Bread Rolls/ Simple Snack/ Easy To Make Party Starter Recipe by Tarla Dalal
- झटपट रबड़ी (Quick Rabri / Rabdi Recipe) by Tarla Dalal
- Potato Sandwich Recipe, Aloo Sandwich on a Tava, Indian Snack by Tarla Dalal
- Vegetable Sandwich (Mumbai Roadside Recipes) by Tarla Dalal
- Bread Pakoda (Mumbai Roadside Snacks) by Tarla Dalal
Last update 2020-11-28. Price and product availability may change.