Bread Loaf, Basic Eggless White Bread Loaf by Tarla Dalal
Bread Loaf, Homemade Eggless White Bread Loaf!
Recipe Link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Bread-Loaf-Basic-White-Bread-Loaf-Using-Yeast-2448r
Tarla Dalal’s Social Media Links
Tarla Dalal’s Recipes, Health and Food Articles Website | https://www.tarladalal.com
Subscribe to Tarla Dalal’s YouTube Channel | https://goo.gl/h7JMA1
Follow Tarla Dalal on Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/tarladalal/
Like Facebook | https://goo.gl/mdcqLb
Get fab food images on Pinterest | http://www.pinterest.com/tarladalal/
Get Tarla Dalal IOS App | https://goo.gl/8jwErB
Get Tarla Dalal Android App | https://goo.gl/zxr56A
Join Tarla Dalal’s Google Plus | https://goo.gl/VbtwXZ
Twitter | https://twitter.com/Tarla_Dalal
Bread Loaf, Basic White Bread Loaf (with Yeast)
Bread is an indispensable ingredient in most kitchens today. From toast to sandwiches, bread is handy in solving the perpetual breakfast and tiffin dabba dilemmas that most people face on busy mornings. However, nothing tastes as good as freshly-baked bread, and so people often buy bread on a daily basis along with their milk. Nevertheless, even this bread is bound to be a day or at least a few hours old. If you wish to really experience the magic of freshly-baked bread, right off the oven, try our easy Basic White Bread Loaf recipe when you find time. You will be bowled over by the appetizing aroma, super-soft texture and absolutely divine flavour of warm bread.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes.
Cooking Time: Nil.
Baking Makes 1 bread loaf.
Temperature: 200°C (400°F).
Baking Time: 35 minutes.
2½ cups plain flour (maida)
1 tbsp instant dry yeast
2 tbsp sugar
¾ tsp salt
2 tbsp soft butter
Plain flour (maida) for sprinkling
Butter for brushing
1. Combine the yeast, sugar and ¼ cup of warm water in a bowl and mix well. Cover it with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
2. Combine the plain flour, salt and yeast-sugar mixture in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft and loose dough using enough warm water.
3. Add the butter and knead very well till the dough is smooth and elastic.
4. Shape the dough into a proper round using both your hands while tucking the edges at the bottom.
5. Cover it with a dry muslin cloth and keep aside in a warm place to use for 45 minutes or till the dough is double in size.
6. Deflate the dough by pressing it lightly with your fingers.
7. Sprinkle the plain flour over a smooth, flat surface, place the dough over it and knead it very well. If the dough is getting sticky while kneading, then sprinkle little plain flour as required.
8. Stretch the dough using both the hands and knead well again.
9. Tap the dough with your fingers and spread it to make a 250 mm. X 200 mm. (10” x 8”) diameter oval shape.
10. Roll the dough to make a 200 mm. (8”) long cylindrical roll and pinch the edge of the rolls so as to seal it properly.
11. Place the dough in a greased bread loaf tin. Cover it with a dry muslin cloth and again keep aside in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes.
12. Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 10 minutes.
13. Lower the temperature to 180°C (360°F) and bake it for 20 minutes. Cool slightly.
14. De-mould the loaf from the tin and brush the bread loaf with butter and keep aside to cool completely.
15. Once the bread loaf has cooled completely, cut it into 13 mm. (½“) bread slices.
Serve or use as required.
Other videos from the same youtuber (follow him if you like it):
- Right Way to Activate the Dry Yeast by Tarla Dalal
- झटपट रबड़ी (Quick Rabri / Rabdi Recipe) by Tarla Dalal
- Cheesy Maggi Bread Rolls/ Simple Snack/ Easy To Make Party Starter Recipe by Tarla Dalal
- Potato Sandwich Recipe, Aloo Sandwich on a Tava, Indian Snack by Tarla Dalal
- Vegetable Sandwich (Mumbai Roadside Recipes) by Tarla Dalal
Last update 2020-09-20. Price and product availability may change.